Monday, November 8, 2010

Like Tehran Up In Here

After rallying to restore sanity to America last week we stopped at a suburban strip mall to carry out semi-fast food. We'd thought about sitting down in a restaurant to eat, but sometimes you just don't want to pay 2.5 times the retail value for a bottle of wine, you know? And you know when you're traveling with Steve there's always wine in the trunk. Anyway, Mom and Steve got Chipotle, and Phil and I got Moby Dick. You know, Moby Dick-- that Persian carry out chain.
What?!
I know!
Maybe it was 'cause I hadn't had anything but fruit leather for like 13 hours, but I really liked the Moby Dick. They had this wonderful little cup of dressing or something that was limey and minty and delicious. I put some of that on my lamb kabob with lettuce, onion, cuke, feta, and olives, and I was in heaven (I gave the tomato to Phil, natch).

Anyway, being the great human he is, Phil just found me a couple of online recipes for Iranian salad dressing, so I just had a mock Moby Dick dinner. I'd got a lamb kebob at Fresh Market today, and put that atop the old lettuce-onion-feta-olive-cuke salad, and topped it with the Iranian dressing. Sooo good.


Persian Dressing
4 T lime juice
4 T extra virgin olive oil
1 T water
2 T finely chopped fresh mint
dash of salt and pepper

Combine all and serve over salad or use as a marinade. Love it!!

5 comments:

  1. But be careful when combining lime juice with salty olives and red wine-- my salivary glands are very sensitive right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! can't wait to try it. oh....and this may be my fave post title EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. why are your salivary glands very sensitive right now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linds, you know how when you eat a lot of sour candy, and your salivary glands go nuts? That's the reaction I had to dinner last night; don't know why!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm with msg: best post title ever.

    ReplyDelete