Monday, May 3, 2010

I Heart Thai

After spending three hours this afternoon at the salon having my hair cut and colored, I was ready for a great meal with some good people. That makes it sound like the food was better than the company, huh? Let's say I enjoyed the food and the company equally.

What did I do? Who was I with? Dad and Mollie have been interested in trying out Thai cuisine, so we all met Scott, Crystal and Chad at Siam Square in Fountain Square. All the guys finished every last noodle of their pad thai, Crystal had the fabulous drunken noodles, and Mollie loved her sweet and sour chicken. Oh, I had a peanut curry with chicken, spinach and broccoli. Yum! What I like about this place: they have a great and reasonably priced beer and wine menu. What I don't like: they only have low-med-high heat levels. I like a place with a larger scale... I like to order spice level 3 or 4 out of 5, depending on the dish and my mood. Crystal and I did order med-high spice level, so I guess it worked out ok.

But I surely do love Thai food! I've been to this place twice, and each time I just can never decide what I want to eat-- last time I asked Phil to choose from the 3 or 4 I'd been able to narrow the field down to. Next time I'll either get the eggplant stirfry or the shrimp/calamari with veg. Or the drunken noodles.

1 comment:

  1. And I am going to try the thom yum. We have to go back very soon so I can't justify getting the drunken noodles again.

    It's hopeless; I want them now.

    ReplyDelete