Monday, May 24, 2010

Porch Sittin

What a lovely, warm, pre-summer night. When Crystal got home from work tonight she rang my bell, which prompted me to uncork a bottle of Starlight Red from Huber Winery. It was almost Pavlovian. We very much enjoyed the slightly sweet, chilled red wine, which got grapeier (oh, it's a word) as it warmed on this nearly sultry evening. Chad got home about half way through the bottle and the three of us enjoyed the evening on our porch. At dinnertime they decided to order a pizza from Circle City Pizza, the place I ordered from last night. I waited 2 hours for my pizza last night, but theirs was delivered in 45 minutes. We all agree it's a good-not-great pizza. By the time the pizza arrived Crystal had opened a bottle of something from Alto Vineyards, a decent winery near Phil, in southern Illinois. I like Alto Vineyards because they are a sponsor of Carbondale, IL public radio, but this wine was not as yummy as the Huber Starlight Red.

All in all, a very satisfying first night with the new neighbors.

1 comment: