Thursday, May 13, 2010

Indiana vs. Illegals

So the big news this week is that Arizona has this new law regarding immigrants, right? I'm not paying a lot of attention, but I think that's what they're all talking about on NPR. The past couple of days an Indiana politician has mentioned he likes the Arizona law, and maybe he'll try to get a similar law passed here. I've not done too much research on the issue, but upon hearing this proposal by the Indiana politician my thoughts were, 'hmmm, this seems like a bigger issue for Arizona, which shares a huge border with Mexico, than Indiana, which shares a huge border with Illinois.' Guess I was wrong, because I saw this truck in the parking lot at Walmart today.
Can you read that? It says 'border volunteers.' After living in Texas and Nevada for the past several years, where I had to speak MRI Spanish on a regular basis, I guess I underestimated the need for border patrol and legislation in my home state.

You can tell this truck is for use around here, because the camo color scheme is Midwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment