Thursday, June 3, 2010

Urban Bicyclists

Look at the cool new bikes I got tonight! Well, 'new' might not be the most appropriate description, but I think they're really cool. A woman at work has a husband who buys up old bikes and re-sells them. He has a garage-ful of bikes, so I hammered out a deal with him to get these two bikes plus a bike rack for a price we were both happy with. There's a community garage sale in Woodruff Place this weekend-- how cool would it be to bike over there? I'm pretty excited. Both bikes are ready to ride, just need to be wiped down a bit and have some minor seat adjustments.

The more time I spend with these bikes, the more I love this red one. It's mostly for Phil to ride, but I might use it when he's not around.
But I think this one is great, too. I really feel more comfortable on girl bikes. Also, it has the neat little rack on the front tire so I can bungee my library books down!

So, when you come to visit me in Indy, be sure to bring your bicycle shorts! I live right by the Monon Trail, which goes straight to Broad Ripple (it's about 4 miles away, I think). Also very close: Mass Ave, Easley Winery, the Circle. Can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. cant wait, its going to be so fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! I have an extra bell for you, somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds great. My bike is tired of hanging upside down in the garage!! - Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. We really need to get our bikes out and put the new "big butt" seats on them. I love riding the RiverGreenway here to New Haven.
    I love your bikes too. They are so coooool! If we can get away sometime it would be nice to come see you, ride bikes and drink wine. Sounds like a perfect day to me!
    -Kris Lahey

    ReplyDelete