Monday, April 12, 2010

Also....

I have a new favorite local (to Murphysboro, at least) winery. Nestled in the middle of the Shawnee National Forest is Hickory Ridge Vineyards, the beautiful home to some of the best dry reds in the area.
This place is not super easy to get to, but boy is the drive out to it amazing. They've got two lovely decks; there was a group on the front deck, so we went to the back deck and had the place to ourselves. We spent late Sunday afternoon chillin' here.
We did a tasting and really liked all the reds (even the Chambourcins, which at some places are not so great), and I got a glass of Cab. Franc to sip on. We bought the wine glasses to take home, as well as a few bottles.
I didn't like their Traminette or their Rose too much, I think there are better in the area, but as a fan of the dry reds, I was pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment