Thursday, April 15, 2010

What, Me Whine?

Today brought another setback in the very long journey toward independent living in my home state. My soon-to-be landlord asked if I could move in a week later to accomodate the current tennant's recently pushed back closing on their new home. Seriously? I am so freaking tired of all this crap; I just want to live in a place with my stuff. It keeps getting farther away! What the heck? Last week I was 5 weeks away from moving, and here I am still 5 weeks away this week.

And work today, oh my gosh. We can get very busy, and the south side of Indy certainly must weigh more than the north side... I had 3 patients in a row tonight who were close to or over 300 pounds. Inevitably these patients complain about the small size of the magnet. Really? Don't you have that problem everywhere you go? Everything must be small to a 300 pound person. The first big guy was super claustrophobic, and was really nervous about having his knee scanned. The second lady came close to hyperventilating when I put her in the magnet to scan her shoulder, so she rescheduled her appointment to return a different day and get IV sedation. The third lady was a great patient. She knew our table weight limit was 450 pounds, but was amazed that anyone bigger than her could fit in the magnet. If a patient is much over 350, we usually can't do more than a foot or ankle, in case you were wondering.

So, that was today. It was like a 4.

2 comments:

  1. what a day I didnt realize that it was like that. You will be moved soon and this little vacation will be a memory ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But that is so nice of you..... You are always welcome to take a fort vacation at our house! Yes, even without Henry!!

    ReplyDelete