Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Spring Spring!

Look what was waiting for me when I got back to Murphysboro! I didn't see many lilacs the past several springs in the southwest, so I was very happy to see and smell this in Phil's backyard. I promptly cut several sprigs and pretty much carried the bouquet around with me from room to room.


This is a picture of Saturday night's dinner. Phil got creative with the salad and I used spinach linguine to make linguine and clams. This is how I did it:

Linguine and Clams
8 oz. linguine
4 large cloves garlic, chopped
1 T. olive oil
1 T. butter
1 10 oz. can clams (liquid reserved)
1 c. white wine
1/2 t. dried thyme
4 T. parsley, chopped
grated parmesean
S and P

Cook and drain linguine. Saute garlic over med-low in butter and olive oil for a few minutes. Stir in liquid from clams, wine, and thyme. Cook over med-low for 5 minutes. Stir in clams, heat on med-high for a few minutes. Toss linguine with sauce, add S and P to taste, sprinkle with parsley and parmesean. Serve with the wine you used for the recipe.

There was a lot of liquid with this recipe, so we just used a slotted spoon to get the linguine onto our plates. It was delicious, as was Steve's Sav. Blanc we used to make it.






1 comment: