Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Thai Chicken

I'm writing this from my new (temporary) home. Of course, over the past year each of the 5 places I've lived have been temporary, so I guess mentioning that this too is temporary isn't necessary. Anyway, I'm staying at Dad and Mollie's for a few weeks until I move into my new PERMANENT place. By 'permanent' I mean I've signed a year lease.


And it's time for a first... here's a recipe I made but haven't tried. I started some food before I left Illinois yesterday, then Phil ate and photographed it when he got home. I can't tell you if this recipe is any good (it looks really good), but I can tell you Phil said it was great (but he's not too hard to please). I look forward to trying this sometime.

Thai Chicken in a Crockpot
2.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken
onion, sliced
1 c. salsa
1/4 c. peanut butter
2 T. lime juice
1 T. soy sauce
1 t. fresh ginger, grated
1/2 c. peanuts, crushed
cilantro, chopped
rice

Place onion in crockpot, then put chicken on top of the onion. Combine salsa, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, and ginger, then pour over chicken and onion. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Serve over rice, sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro.

The lime garnish was Phil's idea. I like it. Also, I've noticed the time stamp on my blog is set for Pacific time zone. Hm.

5 comments: