Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Soap Opera Blog


I'm not at all ashamed to admit that I just bid adieu to Palmer Courtland with tears in my eyes. I don't know when I first started watching All My Children... I know Dawn (who was married to Don... they were Don and Dawn), a woman who watched Scott and me before Laura was born, watched All My Children, so that's taking it back to at least 3rd grade. Was AMC a part of my life before then? I have a feeling it was... did Grandma W. watch it? Anyway, Palmer Courtland was a major figure in my childhood-- he was the most powerful, well-dressed, ruthless person I knew of. When his rival Adam Chandler came along in the mid-80s or so I scoffed... this Chandler fellow was no Palmer Courtland, that was for sure! The farewell to PC episode of AMC was pretty great, really. His daughter, Nina was there, as was Nina's mom, Daisy, Brooke (who is back and in love with Adam.... AGAIN!), Jackson Montgomery (my mom always thought it was neat that his first and last name were the state capitals of Mississippi and Alabama), Opal... it was a great episode filled with old-timers.

Work was complete shite today-- I didn't even have time to run back to the kitchen to get my salad to eat while I scanned. The best thing in the world, the thing that cancelled out the rotten day, was pouring a big glass of wine, eating that salad, and watching this episode of AMC.

2 comments:

  1. i noticed brooke was back yesterday while i glanced at the tv. Fort Wayne's own Julia Barr! i'm going to watch the episode right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma W didn't watch AMC but I did....Grandpa W watched "General Horspistal" as he used to call it. I will have to watch the episode as I used to love that soap.

    ReplyDelete