Thursday, April 22, 2010

More Zoo

This was one of the few butterflies we saw at the butterflies exhibit at the White River Gardens at the zoo. I said, 'It looks like an owlface!' and about 12 feet away was a little sign telling us these are called owl butterflies.One of the highlights of the zoo was this tree. What kind is it? Who knows. It was really cool though, all bloomy and hangy.
Teeny daffodils that look like they top chives.
Dr. Seuss tree in the desert part.
The first peony!
I love these little dancing turtle guys that adorn a few pools in the gardens.
Makes me long for Holland.
They had some smokin orchids... this pic is my fave.

1 comment:

  1. Sandy and I have had a joke that any kind of flowering tree that we didn't know what it was we called a crab(apple) tree. So just say it's a crab and most people won't be the wiser! BTW...the orchids are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete