Sunday, April 18, 2010

My First Roller Derby

Last night I went with Crystal and Chad to watch the last bout of the season for the Indianapolis Tornado Sirens. They are really good, I guess, because they won both bouts of the night by around 100 points. I was kinda surprised by how many normal people and kids were there. Even Mayor Greg Ballard was there. It was a fun time with good beer and great popcorn (you may not know that I don't like popcorn too much, but this was really yummy). Oh yeah, and good friends. This strange move to Indy this has been, well, strange, but Crystal continues to make it so much easier. I don't think I've ever had to ask for her help or time-- she's always there to offer before I even realize I'd need her. We're very fortunate our friendship has been so long-lasting and is at the pinnacle of strength.

So, phone photos from the roller derby...

There are about as many officials and scorekeepers and refs on the track as there are girls playing!

2 comments:

  1. that seems pretty awesome. Carbondale was having its first home bout this weekend.

    ReplyDelete