Friday, April 30, 2010

Story In

It's wine-drinking season. Last week Dad, Mollie and I went to a festival-type thing in a little town in Brown county called Story. Lots and lots of people came to sit around in this clearing in the middle of the woods to listen to music and sample wines from around the state. It was a neat time in a beautiful place.

These are just a couple of the many tents that line the perimeter of the clearing. Nearly every winery in the state could be found under these tents, and tastings were complimentary (of course, there was an admission charge to the festival).
I very much liked the first band... they were kinda alt-county/sea chanty music. Those who best know the types of music I like know this is perfect for me. Also, the covered stage is neat looking.
Then it rained. Most people were prepared and continued to enjoy the music.
I didn't as much like the second musician... it was a girl with a guitar. Those who best know the types of music I like know this is not at all what I want to listen to.

The drive down to Nashville then to Story was beautiful with the new leaves on all the trees that line the windy roads lined with rustic homes and cabins. It's pretty neat that such a great place is just an hour away.




1 comment:

  1. there is a wine drinking season?? I thought that was year round! :)

    ReplyDelete