Monday, April 12, 2010

Cheap Wine Revisited

Oh my gosh, you guys... remember way back when I did the other blog and I mentioned this $3.97 bottle from Walmart was not very good?

I opened it Friday night and it was, well, kinda yucky, but I kept it corked on the counter. Got home tonight, thought I'd give it another try, and it was much more palatable! Not bad at all, really! Yes, I've been reluctant to call it 'good,' but what the hell-- it's good! Just needed to breathe, I guess.

Also, I miss Illinois.


4 comments:

  1. http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=wine+aerator&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=6291008042840746646&ei=RuPES5eeDomuMuPPwZYO&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CB4Q8wIwAA#ps-sellers

    this is the wine aerator we have at work.. we have tested it on a bunch of cheap wines.. works wonders for crap wine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another suggested cheap wine to avoid: Malbec from Argentina for $3.99 from Aldi's. I thought "Malbec...Argentina... can't be that bad". It was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, let it sit a few days, maybe it will get better!

    ReplyDelete