Monday, April 19, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Bears... Not Pictured


But they were there! They just didn't inspire me to photograph them. These guys did...
The desert part of the Indy Zoo was pretty neat. I was gonna say 'pretty cool,' but it was actually very warm in there.
It was just a perfect day for a visit to the zoo, or anywhere outside, really. While there were plenty of families and and kids and strollers at the zoo, I wouldn't say it was too crowded. And the landscaping and foliage at the Indy zoo is great-- I think that will be the next post.
While looking at the rhinos this little boy was standing there laughing, laughing, laughing and pointing at the rhinos and repeating, "Look it's his butt! Hahahahahahahahahah the rhino butt! Haaahahahahahahahaaha! His butt!!"
A huge walrus poking his head out and a normal-sized one swimming by.

Lots of hungry giraffes!
If you know me at all, you know I hate monkeys. I was, however, quite taken with these baboons. They were screeching and active and had little babies running around. A kid walked around the corner to see this group and exclaimed,"Look-- those baboons are having a party!"
The loner baboon.

Really great day with Mollie and Aunt Sandy. We started with lunch at a restaurant called Taste, which I guess is in SoBro (South Broad Ripple, of course). Mollie had a rare roast beef sandwich with balsamic onions and horseradish mayo, Sandy had the fluffiest quiche ever and a fruit cup, and I had a deli salad trio plate with curried chicken salad (which was awesome), orzo salad, and roasted beet salad. The portions were good, the prices were very reasonable, and the staff, while very busy, was great. I look forward to returning to Taste.


1 comment: